Thursday, May 10, 2012

April Review

I forgot to keep track of things during the month of April, so this month’s review will be a little bit shorter. Sorry!

1. There is no real spring in Georgia. There is winter, which is terribly cold and relentlessly snowy, and there is summer, which is hot, dry, and completely cloudless. I have sunburn. There were a few strange weeks in-between which I would sooner call “Puddle Season” than spring... We had some doozies.

2. My neighbor continues to tell me that I am not as thin as I was when I arrived. She tells me that I should exercise, but when she sees me going for a walk she tells me I’m crazy. In the meantime, everyone else still attempts to force-feed me whenever possible (thanks, guys).

3. I am afraid of going to my outhouse. Now that the weather is warm there are giant attack spiders living in the door. They scare the bejeezus out of me.
 
4. Every household has an abundance of hazelnuts, and I LOVE that.

5. Everyone in my village is so preoccupied with my leaving that I can rarely make it through a conversation without anyone mentioning it. Some of them have even counted the number of days I have left. They also have me COMPLETELY booked up until the moment I have to leave for Tbilisi: Excursions every weekend!

6. I can now go 4 days without showering (though I usually shower after 3, just to be safe).

7. Georgia is ridiculously beautiful right now. 

I've got 23 days left --- stay tuned. Love love love.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment