Monday, March 26, 2012

ქუტაისი


I am not posting about food, no worries --- I have a whole post dedicated to that later on. This weekend was our (not-so) secret exclusive teacher's party in Kutaisi! We ate, sang, danced, played games, and I was pretty much clueless the whole time since it was all in Georgian. I did manage, however, to recite a Georgian poem and give a short speech professing my love for this awesome little country. It went something like this: "I know a little bit of Georgian, so I will speak a little bit of Georgian now. I really like Georgia. I like the language, the food, the dancing, I love all of it. Thank you so much, I am very happy here." But, you know, it sounds more impressive when you hear it in Georgian, along with a cool poem. I would write it for you, but my Georgian spelling is awful.




After the concert-party-conference thing, I joined some friends in the city and spent the next day doing the usual... sleeping in at our favorite hostel and wandering around the city thinking about getting coffee. This time we mixed it up by going to the amusement park at the top of the mountain, via cable-car. Since the snow is finally gone, the Ferris wheel was up and running. We also found a bear --- kind of sad, but a handsome guy. We gave him an apple.


Time for a dance lesson, have to run!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment