Friday, January 27, 2012

Departing!

News: I leave for Georgia in T-minus 40 hours. I am SUPER psyched, thinking about cheese-filled bread, Georgian wine, and the possibility of living without central heating (don't worry, I'm packing a sleeping bag!) I also have a 10-hour layover in Poland, so I'll most likely be exploring Warsaw for a bit when I arrive. I'm not looking extremely forward to flying with LOT (Polish air) again, but maybe on my way back I'll get to fly Turkish air and go through Istanbul --- More adventures!

In the meantime, I've been studying the Georgian Alphabet (insane), spending quality time with mom and dad-o (awesome), and trying to think about what to pack (impossible). The scoop is that I'll arrive in Tbilisi at about 5am, get picked up at the airport, taken to a hotel where I'll live during orientation, and stay for at least a week of training before I'm placed somewhere else in the country (most likely a smaller village). I'm not too picky, I'm just excited to have the opportunity! I haven't heard of any places in Georgia that AREN'T fantastic in their own way, so I'm excited to find out where I'll be no matter what. No other news for now, but I'll try and write a post as soon as I get some internet access from Tbilisi.

Wish me luck!
แƒกแƒแƒ แƒ / Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment